Warning, our website may not display or work properly on your browser.
We recommend that you update it if you can.

Update my browser
I don't want or I can't update my browser
BackBackMenuCloseClosePlusPlusSearchUluleUluleChatFacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterYouTubefacebooktwitterB CorporationBcorp

Call for entries: Architectural Record

• Serial Ululer
  • Pioneer
  • Writer

The editors at Architectural Record welcome the submission of your work for consideration.

First read the magazine and study its various parts, so you understand what kinds of stories they run.  If you wish your project to be evaluated as a general feature, make sure it ranks among those you’ve seen in recent issues of RECORD.

You can direct your project to any of the editors listed under contact us, who will make sure the project is reviewed.

• The materials you send are reviewed by a group and we discuss each project's design characteristics, and possible story angles. Thus, a low-res PDF, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive containing professional photography, narrative and contact information are favored forms of presentation.
  • Try to present the reasons your project should be of interest to our readers, and clearly present your ideas in a short, direct narrative—avoid flowery, inflated descriptions—the project will speak for itself.
  • Target your inquiry letter by explaining why your submission should interest our readers, explaining where you think your story or project might fit in.

The editors are constantly on the lookout for good material to fill the regular sections of our magazine, such as Record News, our monthly Building Types Study, practice issues, and our technology sections.

Record News: Was your firm awarded a commission that is newsworthy? Are you breaking ground on an interesting building or opening one soon? Are you managing a major competition? If so, direct your press materials to the news editor. New work must offer an interesting storyline—what is it that makes your particular building stand out? Please note that RECORD does not publish personnel changes or information about office relocations.

Building Types Study: Each month the magazine and Web site feature projects of a certain type. Please submit projects for potential publication six months in advance of the date the building type is to be published.

Product Briefs: If you are a manufacturer of building products and have an interesting product to showcase, you should direct your inquiry to the products editor. Please include a short release (no longer than a page) describing the product’s characteristics and advantages.

Technology, Lighting, and Digital Practice: If your project has used building technology, lighting, or digital technology in a particularly interesting way, you may direct your inquiry to the editors who oversee those areas. These people are identified by title on our Web site under contact us.

For full details, please see http://archrecord.construction.com/call4entries/forPublication.asp

Be the first to reply

Statistics

Views