Warning, our website may not display or work properly on your browser.
We recommend that you update it if you can.

Update my browser
I don't want or I can't update my browser
BackBackMenuCloseClosePlusPlusSearchUluleUluleChatFacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterYouTubefacebooktwitterB CorporationBcorp

Call to entries : Between dusk till dawn !

• Serial Ululer
  • Pioneer
  • Fashionista
  • Player
  • Music Lover
  • Cinema Lover

Between dusk and dawn is a photography contest in which we want to challenge amateur and professional photographers to submit photographs of portraits and landscapes under non-daylight conditions, and to make people reflect on the role of the sky as a backdrop (or, at times, a protagonist) of the scenes in which we move.

The contest has been created by pibinko.org and is promoted by the Toscana Foto Festival.

The idea for the contest spawns from a project which has been running now for over two years, called BuioMetria Partecipativa (i.e. participatory dark sky quality monitoring). This project is aimed at raising awareness across Italy on light pollution, and at the creation of a map of dark sky quality by means of participatory processes.

During the course of the project, its creators, Andrea Giacomelli and Francesco Giubbilini, are having the opportunity of observing various types of "non-daylight" landscapes...starry skies, moonlit ridges, and nuances and shadow plays of sunsets and dawns.

The contest wants to be an opportunity to see how others see the beauty of scenes "between dusk and dawn", and to reward the most original visions.

Deadline : September 20th.
Conditions : you can send up to 4 pictures in three categories : dusk / moon & stars / dawn.

MORE INFORMATION ON THE SITE

Be the first to reply

Statistics

Views