Warning, our website may not display or work properly on your browser.
We recommend that you update it if you can.

Update my browser
I don't want or I can't update my browser
BackBackMenuCloseClosePlusPlusSearchUluleUluleChatFacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterYouTubefacebooktwitterB CorporationBcorp

Call for entries: "Show Your Self"

• Pioneer
  • Writer

Joy Wai Gallery celebrates its grand opening by inviting international photographers to challenge themselves for its inaugural exhibition, Whose Self-Portrait? The Subject Behind the Camera.

This group exhibition will comprise a collection of images from a selection of contemporary photographers that will explore the varied aspects of self-portraiture in a fresh and creative manner, confronting the play between an inner landscape and a physical representation, revealing the eye behind the lens.

Artists are requested to submit a pair of images for this project.

• The first image should follow the established tradition of self-portraiture, it should be a representation of the physical self, an expression of your exterior.
  • The second image allows a more fluid interpretation, somehow reflecting your interior nature, either as a portrayal of your inner self, or how you present your artistry to the world. You are invited to submit either one or two of such pairings.

The gallery will open its doors to the public on December 16th, 2010 in Chelsea. Whose Self-Portrait? The Subject Behind the Camera will be on display through January 31st 2011.

Please see their website for full details.

Deadline: November 6, 2010

Be the first to reply

Statistics

Views