Warning, our website may not display or work properly on your browser.
We recommend that you update it if you can.

Update my browser
I don't want or I can't update my browser
BackBackMenuCloseClosePlusPlusSearchUluleUluleChatFacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterYouTubefacebooktwitterB CorporationBcorp

Call for entries: "The Arrangement"

• Serial Ululer
  • Pioneer
  • Writer

Vermont Photo Space Gallery in Essex Jct., Vermont seeks entries for a photography exhibition.

The tradition of still-life as subject matter has roots deep into the history of art, pre-dating photography as a medium by centuries (Ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman works in tile, tempura, and oils among the first).  Fine artists in all mediums, photography included, benefited from the total control they had over the final piece; the art making began with their arrangements of the mostly inanimate objects they intended to represent.  As Vermont Photo Space Gallery owner Ken Signorello aptly points out, “…it is art squared, where one first creates a work of art and then another to preserve it.”

What is still life today?  We want you to show us your arrangements, from advertising to record photography, the abstract to the obvious.  Whether you are an amateur or professional, you may have experienced your still-life photographs as some of your favorite images.

Free framing/ matting, Any photographer can submit images they take provided they were not exhibited in a prior exhibit at the Vermont Photo Space Gallery. $20 entry fee.

Please visit website for more information.

Deadline: December 22, 2010.

Be the first to reply

Statistics

Views