Warning, our website may not display or work properly on your browser.
We recommend that you update it if you can.

Update my browser
I don't want or I can't update my browser
BackBackMenuCloseClosePlusPlusSearchUluleUluleChatFacebookInstagramLinkedInTwitterYouTubefacebooktwitterB CorporationBcorp

Call for entries: Woman As Photographer, Picturing Life As A Woman

• Serial Ululer
  • Pioneer
  • Writer

Women have been actively involved with photography since the medium’s inception in 1839. The barriers to their participation were lower than in the other arts, and recognition often came faster. Yet women and their photographs have not been as visible as they should have been in view of their numbers and past influence. Only in fairly recent exhibitions and critical writings have women’s work in photography received due consideration.

This International Call for Entry invites women from around the world to submit photographs that demonstrate a smart, critical take on women with cameras in this day of a more open and subtle notion of gendered identity.

Submissions are only limited by your imagination and may cover a broad range of challenging, personal, emotional, and political issues facing women today. Their work-life, home, family, friends, relationships, life partners, homosexual, heterosexual, politics, equal rights, stereotypes, causes, roles and wishes.

Please see website for full details.

Deadine: January 24 2011.

Be the first to reply

Statistics

Views